Free Assistance Available in Applying for US Citizenship
This year, Sacred Heart Parish of Prescott Arizona is holding a Citizenship Day event where legal residents receive FREE HELP in filling out their citizenship applications.
To become a US Citizen, a person must:
- Have been a legal permanent resident of the United States for at least 5 years, or have been married to a US Citizen for at least 3 years and been a legal permanent resident for at least 3 years.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Have good moral character, with no criminal problems in the past 5 years, including no DUI/DWI or other felonies.
- Pay a fee to the US Department of Homeland Security to process your application. The current fee is $680.
During this one day event, trained volunteers will complete your US Citizenship application (N-400) with the information you provide. Immigration attorneys will review applications and check them for accuracy before they are submitted.
This event will be a safe place for all who attend.
For more information, please call 928-445-3141, ext. 323