Free Assistance Available in Applying for US Citizenship
On October 28, 2017 Sacred Heart Parish of Prescott Arizona will again be holding a Citizenship Day event where legal residents receive FREE HELP in filling out their citizenship applications. These classes are open to people of all nationalities, so please feel free to contact us about any questions you might have.
To become a US Citizen, a person must:
- Have been a legal permanent resident of the United States for at least 5 years, or have been married to a US Citizen for at least 3 years and been a legal permanent resident for at least 3 years.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Have good moral character, with no criminal problems in the past 5 years, including no DUI/DWI or other felonies.
- Pay a fee to the US Department of Homeland Security to process your application. The current fee is $725.
During this one day event, trained volunteers will complete your US Citizenship application (N-400) with the information you provide. Immigration attorneys will review applications and check them for accuracy before they are submitted.
This event will be a safe place for all who attend.
For more information, please call 928-445-3141, ext. 323